We’re THRILLED that Peter Russell, longtime champion and curator of the University of Waterloo’s Earth Sciences Museum, and champion behind the Children’s Groundwater Festivalhas agreed to work on illustrations for GW2.0!
Peter was the illustrator for the cover and chapter logos in Groundwater (1979). You might not have noticed his acknowledgement inside the cover (see below). He tells us that the GW2.0 work will be in colour :).
If you are considering taking Giving Tuesday Challenge or contributing the United Way, consider directing your donations to HWB. You can use this United Way 2014 HWB Targeted Pledge Form (with HWB’s Charity Number included). Cathy Ryan will personally contribute the $12 fee the United Way charges to direct donations!
Have a look at the UNESCO and WMO’s International Groundwater Resources Assessment Centre‘s new video on ‘Groundwater, the Hidden Resource’. It starts with the fact that about 50 percent of the world’s population is groundwater dependent….
“Very nice initiative!
You can count on Baseline Water to contribute in December.”
Brent Bowerman, P. Geo.
President, CEO, Baseline Water Resource Inc, Calgary, AB
We are thrilled to announce that GW Solutions (Nanaimo, BC) is donating $200/month to HWB.
Dr. Giles Wendling would like to CHALLENGE other environmental firms to match his donation.
See the Concept notes for GW2.0 (November 2014) – comments welcome!
- Thanks to the University of Guelph and G360 Group for hosting the the October, 2014 Inaugural GW2.0 Editorial Board meeting, including (from left to right):
- Dr. Allen Freeze (absent from photo)
- Dr. Bill Alley (Director of Science and Technology, National Groundwater Association)
- Dr. Cathy Ryan (Professor, Geoscience, University of Calgary)
- Dr. Beth Parker (Director, G360 Group and School of Engineering, U of Guelph)
- Dr. Warren Wood (Geological Sciences, Michigan State University)
- Dr. Bob Cleary (Princeton Groundwater)
- Dr. John Cherry (Director, G360 Group and School of Engineering, U of Guelph)
- Dr. Doug Mackay (Adjunct Professor, UCDavis, Univerisity of California)
- Dr. Bob Gillham (Distinguished Professor Emeritus, Earth Sciences, University of Waterloo)
We are very excited about a new initiative for a revised edition of Freeze and Cherry’s 1979 textbook Groundwater. Our vision is for a crowd-sourced, on-line, wikipedia-type textbook that will be TRANSLATED and made available for CAPACITY BUILDING IN REGIONS OF NEED.
We are thrilled that Drs. Alan Freeze and John Cherry are leading a select Editorial Board in this initiative!
You can donate directly to this effort here.
You can read our CASE FOR SUPPORT here. Comments welcome!