See the Concept notes for GW2.0 (November 2014) – comments welcome!
- Thanks to the University of Guelph and G360 Group for hosting the the October, 2014 Inaugural GW2.0 Editorial Board meeting, including (from left to right):
- Dr. Allen Freeze (absent from photo)
- Bill Alley (Director of Science and Technology, National Groundwater Association)
- Cathy Ryan (Professor, Geoscience, University of Calgary)
- Dr. Beth Parker (Director, G360 Group and School of Engineering, U of Guelph)
- Dr. Warren Wood (Geological Sciences, Michigan State University)
- Dr. Bob Cleary (Princeton Groundwater)
- Dr. John Cherry (Director, G360 Group and School of Engineering, U of Guelph)
- Dr. Doug Mackay (Adjunct Professor, UCDavis, Univerisity of California)
- Dr. Bob Gillham (Distinguished Professor Emeritus, Earth Sciences, University of Waterloo)
We are very excited about a new initiative for a revised edition of Freeze and Cherry’s 1979 textbook Groundwater. Our vision is for a crowd-sourced, on-line, wikipedia-type textbook that will be TRANSLATED and made available for CAPACITY BUILDING IN REGIONS OF NEED.
We are thrilled that Drs. Alan Freeze and John Cherry are leading a select Editorial Board in this initiative!
You can donate directly to this effort here.
You can read our CASE FOR SUPPORT here. Comments welcome!
The Centre for Affordable Water and Sanitation Technologies has appointed Dr. Cathy Ryan, acting-Secretary to the HWB Board of Directors, to their Board of Directors. This action by CAWST is part of a larger vision of increased collaboration between these two organizations. CAWST and HWB share a vision of improving lives in the developing world by increasing assess to safe drinking water.